This page explains what we do with the personal information that we collect from people who ride with us and/or express interest in our activities. The key things to know are 1) we collect only the personal information that we need, 2) we ensure that it is kept securely, and 3) we store it only for as long as we have a reason to keep it.
Coronavirus pandemic: This page also explains how we handle the personal data that we collect from riders in order to comply with the NHS track and trace system during the current pandemic. Look out for the code C-19.
What personal information we collect, and how we collect it
We collect personal information as follows:
In digital format:
- The ‘Contact Us’ form on this website: name and email address
- Subscriptions to our mailing list: email address
- Emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photographs taken on our rides by riders in the group (subject to participants’ permission: see below)
- Requests to join the private Isis Cyclists Facebook group
- Rider registers that are completed before the start of each Isis Cyclists ride:
- C-19: personal contact telephone number
- emergency contact telephone number
- email address (optional, if you wish to join our mailing list)
- permission to publish photographs that include in which you can be readily identified on our publicly accessible online photo collection and/or this website
What we do with your personal information
We use your personal information solely for the purpose of running the group:
- Adding new people to the mailing list.
- Sending our monthly newsletter and ad hoc messages about specific rides, events or other cycling-related information that may be of interest to people on our mailing list.
- Holding emergency contact details for individuals on a particular ride.
- Identifying, on a particular ride, who does not wish to be included in photographs.
- Reporting numeric data about our rides annually to Cycling UK via our parent group Oxford Cycling UK.
We do not share any personal data with third parties, including Oxford Cycling UK and Cycling UK headquarters.
C-19: An exception to sharing is the NHS track and trace service, to which we will pass names and personal contact telephone numbers in the event that a rider tests positive for the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus in the 14 days following participation in the ride.
Organisations which store your personal information
Depending on how we collect it, your personal information may be stored by one or more of the following organisations for the following purposes (links lead to their privacy policies):
|Automattic*||Hosts this website on the WordPress platform. Stores name, email address and content of messages sent via the ‘Contact Us’ form on this website. Also stores statistical data regarding visits to this website.|
|Google*||Hosts our mailing list and online photo collection.|
|1&1 IONOS||Stores emails sent to our contact address.|
|Facebook*||Hosts the Isis Cyclists Facebook group, which is visible only to members of the group.|
* May store your information outside the European Economic Area; has been certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
How long we keep your information
Electronic data: Information about membership of the mailing list and Facebook group will be deleted when you leave the list/group. Email messages sent via this website and to our contact address are deleted by the Isis ride leaders who administer the website and email account when the messages have been dealt with.
Data on paper: The rider registers are stored securely at the home of the Isis ride leader responsible for compiling our annual statistics. We are required under the GDPR to keep the forms indefinitely in case someone withdraws permission for us to publish photographs in which she has appeared.
C-19: A digital copy of the rider register will be kept securely by the group’s Coronavirus Officer for 21 days following each ride, and then destroyed.
Accessing, amending or deleting your personal information
- If you want to see what data we hold about you on our rider registers, email email@example.com.
- If you no longer want to us to publish photographs in which you can be readily identified, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want to leave the mailing list, send a blank email to email@example.com. This link can also be found at the bottom of each email sent from the group.