Now that the groups are no longer restricted to six, we are offering a single ride on the first and third Saturdays. However, we will still be dividing into smaller groups as and when practicable. We will be able to meet up for refreshments, and you can swap groups for the return trip.
Things to know about this month’s rides:
- Short & Steady ride will be on the first Saturday of the month.
- Medium ride will be on the 3rd Saturday of the month
- Rides may now start from places other than Radcliffe Square.
- We will need to collect your phone number in addition to an emergency contact. We will keep this information for 21 days after the ride, in case it is needed by track and trace service.
- If you have a positive test for Covid within 14 days of attending a ride, you can give the NHS tracing service our general email address, firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide them with the necessary contact details for ride participants.
- We have written a Covid-19 risk assessment for our rides.
Saturday 5th June: Short & Steady Ride – “Vaccination Circular” to Sandford and the Kassam Stadium
This short town and country ride from Radcliffe Square is a refreshing 10-mile circuit taking a lovely long towpath section southbound on the NCR 5, plus some road and cycle paths through Low Traffic Neighbourhood areas of East Oxford.
The route was planned when cycling to include the Covid-19 vaccination at Kassam stadium, which is half-way along the route.
Start: Radcliffe Square, Oxford. Meet from 9:45 for a 10:00 departure.
Leader: Sarah Twine
Link to route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35708843
Saturday 19th June: Medium Ride to Annie’s Tearoom at Thrupp
We will ride out to Thrupp via Marston, Woodeaton (moderate hill), Islip and the top end of Kidlington. The return route goes through residential streets to Gosford and the track through Water Eaton to the Banbury Road, finishing on the far side of the bridge over the ring road at Cutteslowe. The total distance is 17 miles, and the leader is Liz Matthews.
Start: The Up in Arms PH, Marston Rd (corner of Ferry Rd), Oxford. Meet from 9:45 for a 10:00 departure.
Leader: Liz Matthews
Link to route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/34888230 Note that the ride starts on the Marston Road, not in the city centre as shown on the map.